In unusual times like these – we have loads of spare time to take special care of ourselves. Today I want to share tips from ”Difference body care studio’‘ founder Elina, who gathered amazing tricks how to use products you already have in your refrigerator to make amazing masks or scrubs for your skin and hair. Read on and pamper yourself!
- Oil Mask: Rub castor oil into the roots and apply a mixture of argan and coconut oils over the rest of the hair! If possible – leave it overnight! The result – shiny, gentle and obedient hair.
- Honey + egg yolk + castor oil + chamomile water: rub the mix of these ingredients into the roots, pamper the ends with olive oil, wrap a shower cap, plastic bag or special hat on for a warming effect, hold it for as long as possible and rinse it out with warm water.
- For virgin hair: egg + honey + cinnamon: whisk everything into a solid mass and apply it on the hair. Hold for about 30-40 min. Wash thoroughly and enjoy your silky and shiny hair!
- For all hair types: unusual but amazing – mayonnaise mask! Apply mayonnaise from root of the hair to the tip and hold it for at least an hour. Pressed onion juice will add extra power but … accept the idea that the scent won’t be pleasant. The results though – will be amazing!
- Egg protein mask: tightens pores and skin. Whip the egg white to a light foam, if desired – add a few drops of lemon juice. Apply on face and wait for mask to dry. Then rinse it with warm water.
- Aloe: great for fighting acne skin! It soothes and works well against inflammation.
- Strawberry and Kiwi Mask: fruit Acid Brightens skin! Rub the selected fruit, apply on face and hold for about 10 min. Rinse out with warm water.
- Moisturizing Avocado & Honey Face Mask: crush half of ripe avocado and mix it with a teaspoon of honey. Apply it on face and hold for about 10 min. Rinse out with warm water.
- Cinnamon, Honey and Banana Mask: bananas moisturize, soften and soothe irritated skin while cinnamon acts as an antibacterial element and heals wounds. You will need half of banana, 2 tablespoons of natural honey, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Crush the banana, mix with honey and cinnamon. Apply on face and hold for about 30 min.Rinse out with warm water.
- For acne-prone, oily skin: cucumber mask: Grate a small cucumber, sunk it in hot water. Let it cool, then apply the mass on your face and hold for about 10-15 min. Rinse out with warm water.
- Carrot mask: Apply freshly squeezed carrot juice pulp, or finely grated carrot mass, for about 10 minutes. Rinse out with warm water.
- Coffee Body Scrub: a tablespoon of honey (slightly heated) and coconut oil (also slightly heated). If you do not have coconut oil – no worries, honey + coffee = sufficiently effective duo.
- Universal body scrub: sugar and honey. Heat the honey until it becomes a liquid substance, apply it on the body and scrub the skin. Salts and selected oils are also available! You can add a drop of your favorite aromatherapy oil for your favorite scent.
Apply all face masks on CLEAN SKIN!
Wash all face masks with warm water!
It may be harder to remove banana traces from your hair.
Do not use salt scrub if you have wounds or burns!
Avoid these skin care tips if you have sensitive skin or are prone to allergies!
Thank you for being!
Until next time,